Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
OP Offline
H
Melody, I think that is a great idea.
This has gone on way too long and has caused horrible damage to our marriage and family. We are going to have to get help to walk us through MB. My FWH just does not seem to understand the time we need to put in this.

My daughter was so angry that her father lied to her. See he told her the same thing he told me at the beginning that he did not have sex with the OW (she asked him), he swore on all sorts of peoples lives, you know how waywards are. She found out that he did have sex and had lied to her. She started having sex with any boy that asked.

A few months ago she asked me if the OW's daughters knew and I said I did not think so as few people know (I never exposed to anyone). I did talk to the OW's husband (a long time ago) and he had asked if we had told our kids and I said yes and he said that he and the OW had decided not to tell their daughters anything, only that OW just e-mailed and old BF. I found papers in my daughters room where she had written how unfair it was that her family had to go through all this and OW daughters didn't and when she turned 18 she was going to tell them. She even had found their names on FB.

Now I feel we need to get back on track of fixing us then we can fix the family. Other than that we live in a small town and no one seems to want to help us get her back home. I hear through other parents that their kids will see her, but we have not spoken to her in what feels like months. It is very hard to sleep at night not knowing where your child is and if they are OK.

HU

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
M
M
Originally Posted by HalfUnit
This has gone on way too long and has caused horrible damage to our marriage and family. We are going to have to get help to walk us through MB. My FWH just does not seem to understand the time we need to put in this.

Your coach AND Dr Harley will try to motivate him. The coach contacts you weekly to keep you on track in your lessons. And if you run into problems, you have access to Dr Harley. The program lasts a year and is well worth the $1000 cost. That cost includes all the books, workbooks, and - I THINK - the CD set.

How old is your daughter?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
OP Offline
H
Well after reading through all the options, we need to get the $945 one, where we have someone who may be able to help keep my "reluctant" FWH on track. We all know $945 may sound like a lot, but honestly having been through a divorce it is actually cheap.

FWH gets a bonus in December from his pension, I think I will have a talk with him about using part of this money to invest in helping us. Maybe make it a Christmas present, since we may not be doing any thing else for the holidays.

Thanks Melody, it was not something I would have thought of. I have bought many of the books (and read them all, many times). A few weeks ago FWH bought "Fall In Love Stay in Love". He then came in to show me. Only problem is, though it was sweet of him to have done this on his own, he has not opened it. Ir went from sitting on his night stand to in the drawer.

HalfUnit
Me-BS-50
H-WS-46
M
M
Originally Posted by HalfUnit
Thanks Melody, it was not something I would have thought of. I have bought many of the books (and read them all, many times).

WE did the same thing and sort of slogged along for years in a semi recovery. Then we went to the MB seminar in Florida in 2007. Back then you had to fly to another city and stay for the weekend through a group seminar. There were about 50 people in our group. [MrW and MrsW among them!] They ID'd on the first day that independent behavior would be a problem with me in the personality test. My H also had angry outbursts which Dr Harley successfully QUELLED. With the guidance of Dr Harley and our coach, Sandy, our marriage completely and fully recovered. I can honestly say we now have a happy, passionate, romantic marriage. It really does work when you follow the steps.

When we did it, the program was $2000. And it was worth every penny. You will feel the same way. It will be the best $1000 bucks you ever spend.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
When we did it, the program was $2000. And it was worth every penny. You will feel the same way. It will be the best $1000 bucks you ever spend.
QFT!

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation