Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Originally Posted by LA11
Yes she does. Says it was both our faults.

His serial cheating was your fault? crazy

It sounds like your daughter has been brainwashed by a corrupt father, which is understandable. Is the the issue? I would just explain to her that staying married to a serial cheater is not how a healthy, functioning woman should behave.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Please read. Serial Cheaters

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
That he not be with OW b4 we'd do other than chit chat about non important things...My daughter says that won't happen unless I reach out to him...as he won't because he doesn't want to me with disdain...

M
M
That he not be with OW b4 we'd do other than chit chat about non important things...My daughter says that won't happen unless I reach out to him...as he won't because he doesn't want to me with disdain...

It doesn't sound like your daughter really understands the effect his affairs have had on you. The fact that your XH is an alcoholic and a serial cheater makes him a dangerous person who is to be avoided. The fact she doesn't understand this is just fine. What wouldn't be fine is if you resumed contact with him. That would only hurt your own personal recovery.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I would take this a step further and make sure that he cannot get through to you in any way. Tell your daughter you don't want her to pass on any messages or talk about him anymore. He is the worst thing that ever happened to you in your lifetime and continued contact only reminds you of the worse tragedy of your life.

Shutting him out of your life entirely is the best thing for your mental and physical health.

Exposure 101

J
J
I suggest you that you write a "letter of no trespass" to your ex husband.
You can get a letter from some police departments (through google) or just have an attorney write one and mail it by certified mail.
That way you dont have to be outside worried that he will drive by and stop.

If you dont set clear boundaries, you will never heal.

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I don't fear him at all...Hes just a dumbas%...

J
J
I don't fear him at all...Hes just a dumbas%...

Yes I understand.
But every interaction with him is an "emotional trigger," and you will be caught up in drama and miss out on the joys of life with continued contact.

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So tell me why do I love this guy? And despise dating??? smile

J
J

This article by Dr. Harley may help you answer your question:
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi5035b_qa.html

B
B
Was one of his conditions to stop drinking and follow the AA program?

Have you ever been to AlAnon? How about your DD18 has she been to AlAnon?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

I
I

Because the minute you are close to healing he drags you back into his drama. Making you and his crazy mistress co-competitors. I bet he absolutely loved making her jealous by making contact with you. It must have been like old times with two women saying 'pick me!'

Love is like a drug. If you stop taking hits it goes away. Heartbreak is going cold turkey.

Three weeks and you're through the worst and are now free. Like a bad flu.

Why does a woman with adult children have his number or accept messages? There are women on this site with tiny children who use third parties to communicate to avoid the insults of a cheater. He will be booty calling you next.

He doesn't get visitation with you! Change your phone number and email, ban mention of his name in the hope your daughter will escape seeing this as normal. She is easy pickings for a cruel man because she thinks infidelity is normal. I dread to think what her dates are like.

Put your boots on and walk into your life.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yes

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Funny question I know but does anyone possibly know what this could mean??

Can we Love each other enough,To ignore each other enough!

D
D
Stop contacting him. I'm a medic in the military and you know what I tell my sailors when they get hurt? "Well doc my arm hurts when I do this. " I tell them first thing you need to do is STOP doing it.

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Im not contacting him

B
B
Im not contacting him
Good. When are you going to an AlAnon meeting?

Have you written Dr. Harley?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Yes going to meetings...

Write Dr. Harley?

B
B
Email your questions to Joyce Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com. When your email question is chosen to be answered on the radio show, you will be notified by email directing you to listen to the rebroadcast. If you would like to consider being a caller, include your telephone number. You will be called by us to explain the procedure to you. Every caller will receive a complementary book by Dr. Harley that addresses their question.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
LA11 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Don't think I would like to do that....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation