Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3017444 Yesterday at 09:29 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a big disconnect. This started happening around the springtime of this year. Over the last few days, we have acknowledged this disconnect, and it feels like the elephant has finally been recognized in the room. In our open and honest conversation, we admitted that we love each other and that divorce is never on the table (praise God!). We have two children and have both decided from the beginning of having children that we, as a couple, come first, and I genuinely believe that we have done that in some ways.

We go on weekly date nights, and the children spend the night at their grandfather's house. Now, I will admit I need to do a better job of not making those dates feel routine and making them feel more special. I take full responsibility for that. During our conversation, we both admitted that we don't think about each other throughout the day like we used to and don't text or call throughout the day. When we do, it feels forced and like something we are supposed to be doing. We've gone on little getaways together, hoping to get that spark going again, but there's nothing.

I am so thankful that we both want to fix this and acknowledge we have some work to do, but we don't know where to start. We both want the spark back, not to quit. If anyone has some advice, I am open to anything. We want this to work!

B
B
What do you do on your dates? Do you make sure you are meeting the 4 most intimate needs? Are you getting at least 15 hours of undivided attention?

Please read The Critical Importance of Undivided Attention

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 88 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg, dr. lan smith, Dexterman2024, jonesbarry055
71,869 Registered Users
Latest Posts
On the same page...in a bad way
by BrainHurts - 09/20/24 04:27 PM
Welcome New Members!
by ClarencePeterson - 09/20/24 01:05 AM
Deep hurt
by Iceprincess - 09/18/24 12:07 PM
Before reentry into dating
by Dr. Harley - 09/13/24 04:18 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by BrainHurts - 09/03/24 02:02 PM
Wife bought THC gummies and lied to hide it
by BrainHurts - 09/02/24 09:16 PM
Child activities
by thirdtimesacharm - 08/23/24 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,606
Posts2,323,412
Members71,869
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation