Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
First here is my intro,
My name is Jeff I'm 29 years old, have been married 9 years and have 4 beautiful children together.
Now, the question at heart, can my marriage be saved?
I'm going to start off by saying that this woman is my world, and I love her to death.
So here's my story: we knew each other for 6 months before being married, we moved in together for 2 weeks then got married, really fast, but was planed. We both knew we were the ones we wanted to spend the rest of our life's with. Love at first sight!
We got pregnant a few months after marriage, so we never really got a lot of time together without children. Our first year was tough, but it was just hormones, and we were both truly happy. We always had arguments and fights, nothing out of the ordinary, and always worked through it together. Now skip forward to 2013, 4 kids later. She says those years were the worst of her life, that I was always crabby and yelling. I can see that, but there was always happiness. Of course I see things differently. Now here are some things that I know and she will admit, she has had Facebook for 5 years now, and ever since, we lost closeness. Every night after bed for the kids time was wasted away on Facebook. I always tried being close, and in turn pushed to be, and when I did, she pushed me away. Now back to 2013. We just bought a house, and everything was going well, so I thought. Well after a few weeks of living in it I found her looking at her exes profile on fb. At first, I thought nothing, then decided to take a look, well in the activity log it was a few times a day for a few months. Well I know there was no contact, and no cheating. She never left the house. And I trust 100% what she told me. Well it caused a lot of problems, I lost some trust, so she got rid of fb on her own. Re registered a few months later. Well after that, she wanted to throw in the towel, told me how unhappy she was, and was wondering what life would been like with him. I promised her I would change, be more patient, less of a slob, and spend more time with our kids. I became a completely different person, I changed into everything she always said she wanted to be. We both agreed to try for 1 year, and if nothing changed and she still was unhappy, we would walk away friends.
We started to go to church, all was excellent, she told me how happy she was agian, and that she has fallen back in love with me. Now we are at the 8 month mark, and it's been the best our relationship has been in 9 years. We are at Mother's Day this year, and I get her a hotel room for the night, to relax for the night. Me and the kids came swimming, then went home. 1 hour later she was home crying in my arms, saying I couldn't be away from you, I just want to be at home with you and the kids. Now, 1 week later, she drops a bomb on me. And this out of no where. Were pool side at home, she looks at me, and says I'm done. Out of no where!!!! Says she faked the last 8 months, and felt nothing. What gives, I have no clue. She doesn't love me and is not in love with me. She won't talk to me about it, and I tried, and she is pushing me away. Things bad, I leave for a week to give her space, she wanted me to. I ask if I can come back, she agrees. I come home, I don't push her, every thing is alright, we are pool side agian, this is about a month later. and blows up, not talking about anything, and tells me stop acting like everything is ok. I'm not I tell her, I'm just not trying to push you.. She storms in the house, and it's done, no talking about it, just left it alone.
A few days go by and I tell her we need to talk about this. Kids are in the pool, and we go in the grass, she's in my arms, and tells me she is depressed, unhappy with her life, she is as nothing but mom. She needs to "find her self". She is in distress. Crying telling me I love you. Then she tells me a year ago when I was looking at my ex, it's because she has no closure. He asked her to marry him, news to me, and she caught him cheating the day before. I tell her I'm sorry, and her closure is he cheated, it could have been after kids and marriage. That's your closure. All is ok for a few days, we ingaged in relation over that course of a couple days. I love you was said multiple times a day.
Now a few days after that I was at work, texting asking about the kids. And end the convo with I love you. She tells me I'm not saying that anymore, I don't love you, I'm not in love.
Now here we are. We got along the entire time, I love you was exchanged once or twice. We had a fourth party, all was ok, getting along. Well since that party I've been pushing her, what are we going to do, I want to work this out. Well now there is so so much anger from her. If I bring it up, she gets so angry, anger I have never seen before. Says she doesn't want to try anymore, and that' she's misurable with me. She's done. And everything I do or say she gets angry about, has been yelling constantly.
I get from her, from little things, that she still loves me. And I see it as she won't go anywhere, so there might be a little bit of try left. All I know is I can't push her anymore. And I'm not.
Is it over? What do I say, or do? Do I just let time heal and leave her alone? Do I give up and leave.
I don't see it in her heart that she wants out, but it seems her mind is made up.
Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long read.

Last edited by Jo6; 07/13/14 06:16 PM.
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I guess I should add this too. We never really had a chance to have baby sitters, and have been on 4 or 5 dates in 4 years. And one of those we just stayed home and ate dinner together. She will admit, that she is bored. Never really had friends with kids either to spend time with. Now she found some friends and has been close for about 6 months. That's who our 4th party was for. Second time I met them and their husbands. I show interest in them to, but it's hard to get together when between us all there is 20+ kids.
And she is turning 30 in the next few months. Maybe a midlife crises?

Last edited by Jo6; 07/13/14 06:11 PM.
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Please, I really need some input, it's killing me, and I have absolutely nobody to talk to.

L
L
I'm sorry you are going through this pain. Sorry no one has responded. The board can be slow during the weekend.

Have you checked to see if your wife is having an affair? Her behavior has a lot of red flags that indicate this possibility. Don't ask her; just snoop quietly to see what she's doing.

When a spouse says "I'm love you but I'm not in love with you," that means there's a new point of comparison. This is a big red flag and very often points to infidelity.

Put a keylogger on her computer; see if you can get a hold of her phone. Find out what she's doing.

While you are snooping, make SURE you eliminate all your love busters. Don't fight or argue. Be your best.

The reason you should snoop to find out if she's having an affair is because if she IS having an affair, that will need to be killed first. Otherwise, everything you would be doing to become the husband she has always wanted will be in vain.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well, we don't own a computer, and she is not secretive about her phone. I have recently been on her fb, and no red flags, seen all her contacts, and nothing new, looked through her call log, and nothing. I've had printed call logs from our phone provider, and it's either all me, or family.
There is no way she is cheating, she doesn't ever go out, litierly. A girlfriends house, but has the kids every time, and dinner with these girls 3 times, once with kids, and 2 without, and was home by 9:30 both times. Unless it was during the day when I'm at work, which isn't possible, because of the kids, who are not all in school, but old enough to know sombody came over.
And I trust her 100%, and she is brutally honest, and right now seems like she wants out of it so bad, I think she would be honest.

A
Administrator
Administrator
A
Threads merged. Please stick to one thread in future.

J
J
The ex is probably still in the picture.
Can you afford a private investigator?

J
J
At this point, you should snoop (hire a PI) and enter "plan A."
In "plan A" you try to meet her top emotional needs while avoiding "love busters."

Have you read the book Surviving an Affair by Dr. Willard Harley?
Do you listen to his Radio Show?

L
L
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well, we don't own a computer, and she is not secretive about her phone. I have recently been on her fb, and no red flags, seen all her contacts, and nothing new, looked through her call log, and nothing. I've had printed call logs from our phone provider, and it's either all me, or family.
There is no way she is cheating, she doesn't ever go out, litierly. A girlfriends house, but has the kids every time, and dinner with these girls 3 times, once with kids, and 2 without, and was home by 9:30 both times. Unless it was during the day when I'm at work, which isn't possible, because of the kids, who are not all in school, but old enough to know sombody came over.
And I trust her 100%, and she is brutally honest, and right now seems like she wants out of it so bad, I think she would be honest.

Your wife's behavior has a lot of red flags. Most people don't even realize they have fallen out of love with their spouse until there is a new point of comparison. Once they are in love with someone else, they realize they aren't in love with their spouse.

Even though you trust her 100%, you would be wise to snoop and find out exactly what she's doing. Even if she's going to a girlfriend's house with the children, there is a way to have an affair or, at the very least, develop an attraction to someone else.

Waywards are rarely ever honest about it.

Instead of simply checking her phone, install a keylogger on it without her knowledge.

We tell people to check for an affair first, because otherwise all your efforts to win her back will be in vain.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
I
I
Its an affair Jeff. You are wrong to place so much emphasis on her not leaving the house. Women can still be in love without physical contact.

ILYBNILWY means there is a new point of contrast. Usually a fantasy the spouse cannot compete with. Often FB or online games cause affairs based purely on fantasy. It destroys marriages even when the partners are continents apart.

My guess is every time she's tried to end it one or both have them have caved and renewed contact somehow.

I'd treat this as an emotional affair at the very least, snoop and get your proof. Perhaps a hidden affair phone is being used.

In the meantime - Plan A!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Originally Posted by Jo6
Owning a computer is irrelevant, since both of you obviously have free access to the Internet. Facebook is a red flag all by itself. You have some rather odd ways of validating honesty. Honesty is not proven by citing situations where it is present, but rather by looking at instances where accountability is absent. We already know that your wife has used Facebook in the past to get into trouble. Otherwise, she would not have scared herself and tried to drop it on her own. She took it back up again, which points to a probable addition. Many unhappy wives who are addicted to Facebook are using it to conduct an affair. Your wife has plenty of opportunity to conduct an affair, and all the signs are there that indicate she is doing just that.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
I
I
Originally Posted by Jo6
1 hour later she was home crying in my arms, saying I couldn't be away from you, I just want to be at home with you and the kids.

Believe it or not, this is the biggest sign (aside from ILYBNILWY) in your post of an affair.

An affair is like an addiction. She will have starting getting attention from her ex as 'harmless' flirting, thinking she could make him regret cheating on her. When it's spiralled out of control and she is logging on x times a day, it will have scared her and she would not have liked the idea of losing everything for a cheap ego boost. So she quits Facebook. Then helplessly, the addiction draws her back in.

People in affairs are heavily depressed and irrational and you cannot make them happy. Like any other addict, every once in a while they will make a vow to quit (the affair partner is commonly a loser) and they will act like it's a huge reunion with you even though you have been there the whole time. Quite hysterical and weepy, clinging to you as though they have just escaped the jaws of death. However she gets sucked back in again to the affair shortly afterwards.

It's pretty easy to get a phone with internet access, hide it from your husband and then make sure nothing he does can possibly make you happy. Having tried a few times, she is now of the opinion that she cannot quit and it is easier to blame you. Easier to cheat on a sinner than a saint. Anything nice you do will offend her conscience.

We see what you are describing all the time. If you snoop, you will find proof within a few days.

S
S
Agree with the others. Its very clear that your W is having an affair.

Note: Do NOT try to talk to her about this - do not beg, plead, badger and try to get her to admit it. That's the route MOST folks in denial take. BIG MISTAKE!

Be pleasant, keep the house nice, take care of the kids, avoid lovebusters all while QUIETLY snooping.

This is very fixable but you need to listen to us and follow the plan....

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6
She needs to "find her self". She is in distress. Crying telling me I love you. Then she tells me a year ago when I was looking at my ex, it's because she has no closure. He asked her to marry him, news to me, and she caught him cheating the day before. I tell her I'm sorry, and her closure is he cheated, it could have been after kids and marriage. That's your closure. All is ok for a few days, we ingaged in relation over that course of a couple days. I love you was said multiple times a day.
Now a few days after that I was at work, texting asking about the kids. And end the convo with I love you. She tells me I'm not saying that anymore, I don't love you, I'm not in love.

This is an affair, there is no doubt in my mind. This is exactly how a person in an affair behaves.

Are you ready to get to work to save your marriage?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I want to save and fix it, regardless if she is having an affair. I don't know how else to snoop, i have full access to everything. Well things got so bad, I left tonight. I just couldn't handle the anger anymore. How much does a pi cost? And how long would results usually take?

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
I want to save and fix it, regardless if she is having an affair. I don't know how else to snoop, i have full access to everything. Well things got so bad, I left tonight. I just couldn't handle the anger anymore. How much does a pi cost? And how long would results usually take?

PI's usually get results within a couple days (from what I've read on this Forum).
Others have told you how to snoop: GPS on car, keylogger software, etc.

My wife had an "affair phone" she bought at Walmart for $20.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
I want to save and fix it, regardless if she is having an affair.

You cannot save a marriage while there is an active affair.
You must first kill any active affair.

I
I
Originally Posted by Jo6

Jo get back in your home. Don't leave permanently or let her change the locks.

Treat her anger like that of a drunk. Its not anything to do with you its her own bad choices making her act out.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I plan on going home, but not yet, I need a little time to cope with this whole thing, it's putting me in such a deep dark depression, and I don't want my kids to see me like this. Regardless of what it is, or what's going on, I want to repair it. I love this woman with all my heart. I know my self, and I know life goes on, but I could never be happy with another person.
What do I need to do? I know right now, that I need some time to myself, and I want to give her a little time and space.
What is a key logger, and can I get it for iPhone? Is it traceable in any way from her? Would I always have to get a hold of her phone to check it?
Everything I looked for says the iPhone needs to be jail broken, and that's not an option.
And I ask if it's traceable because she was having problems with the phone a few weeks ago, and she googled what was going with it, and said all the symptoms were the same that they would be if the phone had spy ware on it, and she accused me of putting it on there. So she said she was going to have it checked from the phone store.
So a logger/spyware is already in her head.

What I did get out of her last night, is I'm sorry that you are hurt so bad over this. But I'm sorry, I just don't love you anymore. Yes I agree that those 8 months were the best we had, and I did have feeling from it, but I wasn't 100% there. I took a look at my life, and realized I am only going to be 30 years old, and I don't picture myself with you when I am 80. I love you, but I don't love you like a wife should love a husband.

Last edited by Jo6; 07/15/14 05:54 AM.
G
G
Please listen very carefully to the posters here. The proclamations your wife is making are called fog babble. She is feeding you this babble to manipulate you. This form of manipulation is called gaslighting. If you buy into it and react to her brand honesty you will be rendered powerless to stand up to her addiction to the affair. The I don't love you dies hurt but it's more an indicator then anything. Your reaction (to leave) is helpful in that it allows your wife to entrench her affair. Learn to make statements in response in a non reactionary fashiont and support your marriage. When she says she does not love you say "I understand and fortunately we can renew our love with a plan. I believe in our marriage" you are going to take the bull by the horns and stand up for your marriage. Not walk out of your marriage home in defeat or a sense of being less then.

For the depression see a doctor and temporarily start an antidepressant. This is a battle you have to fight and its going to be painful.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
M
M
Originally Posted by Jo6
What I did get out of her last night, is I'm sorry that you are hurt so bad over this. But I'm sorry, I just don't love you anymore. Yes I agree that those 8 months were the best we had, and I did have feeling from it, but I wasn't 100% there. I took a look at my life, and realized I am only going to be 30 years old, and I don't picture myself with you when I am 80. I love you, but I don't love you like a wife should love a husband.
That is all affair fog babble. In recovery, the above turns into "I have no idea why I said that. I was just messed up."

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
G
G
Check out the forum on thus site called Operation Investgate. There are numerous ways to snoop. Start with a PI if you can. The fact your wife is worried she has as spyware tells you something. Do you know your wife's login to her phone? You should be able to figure it out.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
G
G

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Originally Posted by graceful2b

Check out that thread discussing http://www.teensafe.com/

LTL

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6
Everything I looked for says the iPhone needs to be jail broken, and that's not an option.
And I ask if it's traceable because she was having problems with the phone a few weeks ago, and she googled what was going with it, and said all the symptoms were the same that they would be if the phone had spy ware on it, and she accused me of putting it on there. So she said she was going to have it checked from the phone store.
So a logger/spyware is already in her head.

You realize that this is already in her head because she is an affair, right?

I don't get the sense reading your postings that you understand that there is absolutely no "repairing" anything until you kill the affair.

I would stop trying to convince her to work on the marriage or argue with her about what she said 8 mos ago, etc. Just follow Plan A - you are working on the marriage regardless of what she says, you are being pleasant calm avoiding lovebusters, marriage talk while you QUIETLY get evidence of the affair. Which should be doable especially ifif you stop badgering her about marital issues. This is just lovebusting for both of you and keeping her on guard.

In addition to spyware, you can also set up a VAR in her car and any room in the house where you think she will use the phone if you and the kids leave her alone for a few hours.

If you are unwilling/unable to do these things then the best thing to do is skip all of that and just hire a PI as others have suggested.

Last edited by SusieQ; 07/15/14 09:35 AM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
I
I
Originally Posted by mrEureka
Originally Posted by Jo6
That is all affair fog babble. In recovery, the above turns into "I have no idea why I said that. I was just messed up."

x2. The reason you are depressed is because you are listening to her drunk rambling nonsense.

It will hurt if you believe her. Don't.

We have heard all of this word for word from other wayward wives. Once they are out of the affair they do not even REMEMBER saying this stuff. Ignore it and snoop.

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/15/14 11:47 AM.

T
T
You are getting perfect advice and need to open your eyes. The same fog babble script your WW is giving you has been heard on this board hundreds of times. I have heard the same thing from my fWW and I have seen 30-40 threads over the past 8 months with the same script.

SHE IS IN AN AFFAIR, I can almost guarantee it. Get 2 VAR's (voice activated recorder) and put one in her car (stick it under a seat) and hide one in a room in your house that you notice your WW takes her phone.

Don't listen to anything she says, she is in the throws of addiction right now and everything she says is like a drunk babbling or a drug addict. They say anything and everything to get left alone so they can continue their addiction.

A
A
I am not an expert on MB like many others here but I wanted to share some thoughts given my recent experience with my husband.

I trusted my husband fully. I shouldn't have. He had a 4 year affair with an ex when he became on happy with life in general.

I felt happy and loved. My husband continued to be attentive and loving.

I didn't think my husband had time to have an affair. Mostly electronic communication though they spent a few days together each year. He managed this by lying about his whereabouts. He used common situations to explain his activities. He said he was spending the night with a friend who was having a gathering at his cabin (which he has done before) and going boarding at the local mountain. He actually went to that mountain (with her) and spent the night at a lodge w her. So he had pictures from the mountain, reports on the weather, etc. He kept his lies as close to the truth as possible.

My husband became an excellent liar and covered his tracks. He deleted threads online, removed her from Facebook and then established a secret email account, he made sure to close out the account so it was never in the browser and never downloaded the app, stopped for few minutes on his way home (said he was running an errand) to talk to her.

My husband did not end it on his own. I found out and then he had to come clean. Even then he didn't admit the extent. I had to seek the info myself.

My point is, even a busy person can manage to squeeze in an affair and can cover it up. An affair can last even with little physical contact.

Last edited by April78; 07/15/14 03:35 PM.
A
A
(Check her Internet browser history on her phone. Of course, even that can be deleted.)

S
S
t/j April, I bumped your thread. Please respond to posts and update. Thanks.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Tee safe is out of the question, I don't know the password, and can't ask, she will know something's up then, dead giveaway.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And something I've noticed, this started about 2 weeks ago, she cringes away when I touch her, even if it's to lend a helping hand. And it wasn't like that before that, I was giving her massages with no question before that.

G
G
How do you plan to snoop?

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have no idea, my heart is telling me not to, my brain is telling me to. I kind of don't want to know if it's true or not, because if it's not, and I get caught, I'll look like an [censored]. I've been trying to figure out a way, to walk around it softly. I guess if I decide to, it will be var, but I don't think there is a hidden phone, I would have found it by now.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
I have no idea, my heart is telling me not to, my brain is telling me to. I kind of don't want to know if it's true or not, because if it's not, and I get caught, I'll look like an [censored]. I've been trying to figure out a way, to walk around it softly. I guess if I decide to, it will be var, but I don't think there is a hidden phone, I would have found it by now.
Can you hire a PI?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Depends on cost I suppose.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Depends on cost I suppose.
Will you call and find out? Private Investigators

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

T
T
Why are scared of getting caught snooping? If you do simply say we are married and we should have transparency. If there is an objection, then you know why.

#2812457 07/30/14 08:27 PM
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So after everything going on with my story here's the link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2810654#Post2810654
My wife admited to cheating on me with her ex.
She's said it's been 2 years, and has only happened recently 1 time, so mostly in a year.15-20 that she's been with him. The recent time was right after our my story in the link happened.
I'm hurt!!! Not mad, not angry, but hurt. She just told me last night.
Well she says she hates him, and will never go back. She also says she isn't in love with me anymore, and still wants a divorce. Well she just came up to me and gave me a hug and started crying, asked do you hate me? I said no I'm hurt, but I don't hate you and I'm not mad at you.
She is feeling extremely guilty!! I can see the pain of it in her eyes. I told her I forgive her, and want to still try to fix things. I don't know why I'm so calm about it, weird.
Well she says I'm sorry, I still don't want to be married to you, because I'm not in love with you.
Now my question is is the part she doesn't want to be with me because of the guilt? Does she still have feelings for me? Can I save my marriage? Please help!!

B
B
Have you exposed? Is the OM married?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
I
Threads merged, please stick to one thread.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
So after everything going on with my story here's the link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2810654#Post2810654
My wife admited to cheating on me with her ex.
She's said it's been 2 years, and has only happened recently 1 time, so mostly in a year.15-20 that she's been with him. The recent time was right after our my story in the link happened.
I'm hurt!!! Not mad, not angry, but hurt. She just told me last night.
Well she says she hates him, and will never go back. She also says she isn't in love with me anymore, and still wants a divorce. Well she just came up to me and gave me a hug and started crying, asked do you hate me? I said no I'm hurt, but I don't hate you and I'm not mad at you.
She is feeling extremely guilty!! I can see the pain of it in her eyes. I told her I forgive her, and want to still try to fix things. I don't know why I'm so calm about it, weird.
Well she says I'm sorry, I still don't want to be married to you, because I'm not in love with you.
Now my question is is the part she doesn't want to be with me because of the guilt? Does she still have feelings for me? Can I save my marriage? Please help!!

I'm so sorry for the pain she is putting you through.
I've been in your shoes Sir.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, This is what you posted a few days ago.
She is having an affair and you need to understand that you cannot trust anything she says and she is not brutally honest.

Affairs are based on deceit and dishonesty.

Your first step is to EXPOSE the affair. It should be strategically exposed far and wide to all family and friends, clergy and the affair partners family and friends (including your children).

You should first read the Exposure 101 thread.
Please read that thread and then come back here.
Stay focused, Sir.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by Jo6

She is having an affair and you need to understand that you cannot trust anything she says and she is not brutally honest.

Your first step is to EXPOSE the affair. It should be strategically exposed far and wide to all family and friends, clergy and the affair partners family and friends (including your children).

Stay focused, Sir.
Wouldn't this just make things worse? I want to fix them, not make them worse

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
He is divorced. Funny thing is he cheated on my wife when they were dating.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Originally Posted by Jo6

Stay focused, Sir.
Wouldn't this just make things worse? I want to fix them, not make them worse

Of course not, Sir!
Dr. Harley would encourage you to EXPOSE. You need to do this instead of sitting on your hands.
If you want to save your marriage you need to read the EXPOSURE 101 thread and then return here.

R
R
The only way to fix your marriage is to bravely expose the affair.

Your wife will be horrifically, hissing and spitting mad

and

by the way.......she is not done with the affair.

She is gaslighting you to keep you on the line. You offer her things that her affair partner doesn't and vice versa. She needs you both.

She wants a divorce in order to continue her affair.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
When will you be exposing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
I
Originally Posted by Jo6

Yes that's pretty typical. Dr H says men who pursue married women are universally - in his exact wording 'losers'.

The OM sees your wife as easy meat. He probably sits on FB all day looking for old girlfriends who are married and seem bored or are going through a rough patch.

Married woman = part time 'fun' relationship.

This will likely be an easy one to bust up if you do a full exposure on all sides without warning. If you do it as described in the exposure thread EXACTLY.

Without Exposure:
OM and WW get to stay in their bubble. They only ever say what the other wants to hear to protect this very fragile bubble. They talk about their fantasy future life together. At home, WW continues to act like you have lice, blame and blow you up in the security you will roll over like a puppy and take it. It's not long before she's gone, and has taken you for just enough money to make her acceptable (for a while) to the OM.

You will have already tried to talk sense to her - that doesn't work. Only exposure does.

With Exposure:
OM runs for the hills. He was only in this for the fun of it. WW is facing a bevy of disappointed relatives who want to know is she going to work on her marriage or run off with a play boy? She is furiously angry with you naturally, but there is no denying that you fought for her; he ran.

Your marriage can survive her temporary anger - it cannot survive the ongoing impossibly perfect fantasy of a secret affair.

Besides which - what have you got to lose?

We've had former wayward wives describe their husband's as heroes for not giving up on them once exposure has delivered them from the fog.

It's not a guarantee but Exposure will show you IF there is any chance at all.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well I exposed her to her mom via text, I don't know if she believes me or not, she didn't respond, and won't talk to me at all. I called the lover, and his ex wife.
I don't know if my mil said anything to my wife, because this is what would make her the most mad. So the exposer is out there.
She's not in the slightest of mad.
Now, I talked to my wife, and she has a lot of hurt from it, won't look me in the eyes at all. She says she still wants divorce, but he is not the reason. She is just unhappy, and not in love with me.
But it's funny, the past year of our marriage was the happiest of our lives. We worked a lot out, and both fell back in love with each other.
Now, she had no contact with the lover for a year, the happiest year of our marriage. Well a few days after Mother's Day he called her for the first time in a year, well it was a exactly 3 days after that she dropped the bomb on me about not in love with me. She is swearing up and down she doesn't want a divorce because of him, and would have wanted one if he called her or not. I call bs!!! It's too strange mothersday she was tellin me how much she loves me, and how happy she is. She says she has no feelings for him and wants nothing to do with him, and is disgusted by him, after the last time. So no, I don't think the affair is off. He is blocked on fb, and I blocked in going and out going calls and texts from her phone from his number.

B
B
Has she written a NC letter and you send it?

She needs to change all her contact information. He will call her from a different number and get through.

Of course she is gaslighting you to say she wanted the divorce before. You're smart to see the BS.

I would finish your exposure today. Have you contacted OM's parents?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
I
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well I exposed her to her mom via text, I don't know if she believes me or not, she didn't respond, and won't talk to me at all. I called the lover, and his ex wife.
I don't know if my mil said anything to my wife, because this is what would make her the most mad. So the exposer is out there.
She's not in the slightest of mad.
Now, I talked to my wife, and she has a lot of hurt from it, won't look me in the eyes at all. She says she still wants divorce, but he is not the reason. She is just unhappy, and not in love with me.
But it's funny, the past year of our marriage was the happiest of our lives. We worked a lot out, and both fell back in love with each other.
Now, she had no contact with the lover for a year, the happiest year of our marriage. Well a few days after Mother's Day he called her for the first time in a year, well it was a exactly 3 days after that she dropped the bomb on me about not in love with me. She is swearing up and down she doesn't want a divorce because of him, and would have wanted one if he called her or not. I call bs!!! It's too strange mothersday she was tellin me how much she loves me, and how happy she is. She says she has no feelings for him and wants nothing to do with him, and is disgusted by him, after the last time. So no, I don't think the affair is off. He is blocked on fb, and I blocked in going and out going calls and texts from her phone from his number.

That is not exposure? What about the other targets?

ALL targets have to be hit in one day for it to work. If you just expose to a few people you just piss them off to no effect.

Can you go get OM's key Facebook contacts copied into a word doc NOW before he blocks you and prevents a full exposure?

Did you read the exposure thread?

Can you get your MiL on the phone and talk to her?

No one cares what your wife says either. Typical fogbable.

Last edited by indiegirl; 08/01/14 09:41 AM.

I
I
It doesn't matter if he blocked you - make a different account and look him up that way.

Then come back for guidance.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
You are all talking to the most technologically disadvanced person out there, all I have is a phone to work from.

Is it normal for her to be so angry with me, because I still want to fix things? If I ask about the affair she is calm as can be, and sympathetic, but if I talk about not wanting a divorce, then she blows her top, is this normal?

I
I
YES it is normal for her to be angry. All wayward wives act like spitting cats. You MUST expose asap.

If you don't expose properly you've just pissed her off for no good reason.

DID YOU READ the exposure thread?

Can you call up a friend who is good with FB and get him to check out OM's profile?

Can you look OM up in the phone book and find parents, relatives etc?

What about the rest of your wife's relatives? Can't you just call them?

What about your relatives?

You seem more interested in chatting to the one person who already knows - your wife! Ignore her for now and get the job done. It will be weeks before she is worth talking to if not months.

Last edited by indiegirl; 08/01/14 02:03 PM.

J
J
If needed, have someone help you do a full EXPOSURE.
You need to get this done ASAP.
Also post the OM and your story on www.cheaterville.com

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Any good recovory soft ware that I can get deleted messages off an iphone? The phone isn't backed up, so iTunes or iCloud back up won't work. I need to pull them directly from the phone.

N
N
Originally Posted by Jo6
Any good recovory soft ware that I can get deleted messages off an iphone? The phone isn't backed up, so iTunes or iCloud back up won't work. I need to pull them directly from the phone.

http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery-mac/mac-iphone-data-recovery.html

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok, so the affair is squashed. I got text data off her phone, and she actually broke it off a month ago with him. She actually had some nasty words to say to him.
She still wants a divorce, still says she is miserable with me, and is not in love with me. I'm guessing this is still all part of the way word fog.

Is there anything I can do to help lift this fog? Anything to speed up the process of it all? Do I just act like everything is as it once was, and treat her the same, as a loving husband?

J
J
Sir, you continue in plan A, which is meeting her emotional needs and avoiding any Love Busters.
Basically, just bend over backwards for her to try to win her back.

J
J

This needs done Sir.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
She is at it agian, this time it's worse. With her best friends husband. But it's different. It is emotional, 6 weeks and they say they are in love. They decided last night to tell us both, and believe me there is full exposure. Wtf to do now?

I
I
Did you ever expose the first affair? You are going to be firefighting constant affairs until you rally your troops and get help.

You say you've exposed this time - what's the reaction been and who has it been exposed to?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, and me and his wife. But they are in love

I
I
They aren't really in love, it's an affair for goodness sake.

WHO has the affair been exposed to and what is the reaction? Will her/your/his family/friends oppose it?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
She is at it agian, this time it's worse. With her best friends husband. But it's different. It is emotional, 6 weeks and they say they are in love. They decided last night to tell us both, and believe me there is full exposure. Wtf to do now?
Who all have you exposed to?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J

This needs done Sir.

Sir, if you want help stop being vague and start answering questions.
Have you exposed your wife AS INSTRUCTED IN THE EXPOSURE 101 THREAD?
Did you post OM on www.cheaterville.com and send a link to family and friends?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Everyone they know!!! It's funny, he chose his wife. Yes I did the 101

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Who did you expose to on OM's side?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, you need to post more details if you want advice.
What do you mean he chose his wife?
Did you post these OM on www.cheaterville.com?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
He chose his wife, they had a plan to tell us, then leave together, well he told his wife, and wants nothing to do with mine now. Sent ww a text saying we are done, I want to be with my wife. Every body they both know family, friends, face book list. Everyone. My wife is upset, being hard on her self, sorry she hurt me, sorry for her self, laying down, almost not functioning. This am she needed him and needed to talk to him, but that has calmed down, especially since he texted her saying was off, and she actually talked to me, and gave emotional feelings. Actually cried on my shoulder.

M
M
Originally Posted by Jo6
Actually cried on my shoulder.
Crocodile tears.

She isn't the least bit sorry for hurting you. She is only sorry for herself. More likely, it is all an act to throw you off track while the affair goes underground.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
He chose his wife, they had a plan to tell us, then leave together, well he told his wife, and wants nothing to do with mine now. Sent ww a text saying we are done, I want to be with my wife. Every body they both know family, friends, face book list. Everyone. My wife is upset, being hard on her self, sorry she hurt me, sorry for her self, laying down, almost not functioning. This am she needed him and needed to talk to him, but that has calmed down, especially since he texted her saying was off, and she actually talked to me, and gave emotional feelings. Actually cried on my shoulder.

Sir,

What do you want?
I dont understand why you post these short vague updates and then dont ask any questions.
She was having an affair with a few men and one of them dumped her when his wife found out. That's why Dr. Harley encourages exposure.

Do you want to follow Dr. Harley's methods? If so, you need to expose all of her affairs. That is the first step

I
I
We know what her reaction is, we need to know who supports you.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
What do you mean who supports me?

I do know that the affair is over. I'm not sure anymore what I want to do anymore. She was prepared to leave me, and jump out of this marriage straight into a marriage with him. Is it worth it on my end to try to save anything? I'm so confused it's not even funny.
I've been here for her, and I still feel love for her, but I'm not sure it's worth it any more. She is full of regrets, and accepts full responsibility. She is angry, not at me, but at him. She feels like she was a puppet on strings. They told each other how they were going to take care of each other, she was prepared to give him a marriage that she gave to me. She is sympathetic towards my feelings, as I am hers, it's strange, because I sort of feel an emotional attachment with her again. I was in bed crying last night, and she has been sleeping on the couch, and she came and climbed in bed with me, and cuddled me. She told me she never realized how much I love her until these past two days.
I am just so confused, I don't know what to think, what to feel. I want to push her away right now, but no matter how I try to, I can't. I haven't said any mean words to her, I just want to be her support right now, but in the sense I don't.

I'm sorry that I don't ask a lot around here, I don't know what to ask, I don't know what to say, I don't even know how I feel.

Both the affairs are exposed fully, shoot I even exposed them both to each other. They are both done, one was just sex, and she left that one for what she thought was love. Every body the all 3 know they are exposed to. She actually lost a lot of friendship over this, because that new group of friends I told you about, straight dumped her, because the affair happened with a couple from that group.

Last edited by Jo6; 08/10/14 08:43 AM.
J
J
Sir, I can tell you what to do:

FOLLOW DR. HARLEY'S PLAN.

Do you have his book Surviving an Affair?

If the affairs have been fully exposed, the next step is for your wife to commit to never see or speak to these people again. She will need to implement Extraordinary Precautions in her life and you will need to move out of the state.

Someone will post the Extraordinary Precautions list soon.

Are you willing to follow Dr. Harley's plan to recover your marriage?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I've been thinking, and yes, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to save my marriage. I still love her to death, and I still can not picture my life with out her.

Things are very strange right now, she lost everybody she had to talk to, and I have been the only one here for her. I just sit and listen to her, no matter what she has to say. She told me she never realized how muched I loved her until now, even now, after she betrayed me, I am still more concerned obout her feelings, and pain over my own. She is very regretful, she says that she feels an emotional bond with me from these past few days, and can't believe what she has done. She said that she looks back, and always knew how close I was to her, and she just ignored it, and was blocking her feelings for me. It's very strange, because in such short amount of time, we are so much closer. Something happened last night, and we engaged in relations, out of no where, it just happened, out of no where, and we couldn't and didn't want to stop. I thought I could never touch her again. It's just weird, because I know it's there, but it's almost like nothing happened, just that fast, how do we both feel a bond again. She has even told me she loves me, and I haven't heard those words in so long.
We are both prepared to make a happy marriage now, we are going to start counciling in a week.

J
J
Sir, you are not listening to me.

Marriage counseling would be a horrible idea at this point.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, you need to post more details if you want advice.
What do you mean he chose his wife?
Did you post these OM on www.cheaterville.com?

If you have exposed all of her affairs, then the next step is NO CONTACT.
She will need to write a No Contact letter to all of her affair partners and the No Contact letters should be mailed by you.

Please let us know when this has been done:

Originally Posted by JustUss
(From SAA, page 58)

OM,
I want you to know that out of respect and love for my H and children, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk with you again. My relationship with you was a cruel indulgence that H did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay H for the pain I have caused him, I will do my best to become the wife he has been missing. I care a gread deal for miy family and I would not want to do anything to risk their happiness. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end our relationship.

Sincerely,

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The above has been done via text, with her number changed shortly after.
So if no counciling, what is the next step?

B
B
Have you listened to the clips in here? Beware of Bad Counselors

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Did she send it to both men?

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

You need to be following the steps in Surviving an Affair.
Do you have this book?

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No I don't have the book, yes, sent to both, and I will listen to the clip now

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, if she sent the NC letter to both men and you HAVE exposed her affairs to family and friends then the next step is to implement EXtraordinary Precautions, which you must both commit to following.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
From Surviving an Affair, pg 66-67

The extraordinary precautions do more than end marriage-threatening affairs; they help a couple form the kind of relationship they always wanted.

These recommendations may seem rigid, unnecessarily confining, and even paranoid to those who have not been the victim of infidelity. But people like Sue and Jon, who have suffered unimaginable pain as a result of an affair that spun out of control, can easily see their value. For the inconvenience of following my advice, Sue would have spared herself and Jon the very worst experience of their lives.

Checklist for How Affairs Should End

_____The unfaithful spouse should reveal information about the affair to the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should make a commitment to the betrayed spouse to never see or talk to the lover OP again.

_____The unfaithful spouse should write a letter to the lover OP ending the relationship and send it with the approval of the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should take extraordinary precautions to guarantee total separation from the lover OP:

_____Block potential communication with the lover OP (change e-mail address and home and cell phone numbers, and close all social networking accounts; have voice messages and mail monitored by the betrayed spouse).

_____Account for time (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a twenty-four-hour daily schedule with locations and telephone numbers).

_____Account for money (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a complete account of all money spent).

_____Spend leisure time together.

_____Change jobs and relocate if necessary.

_____Avoid overnight separation.

_____Allow technical accountability.

_____ Expose affair to family members, clergy, and/or friends.

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 08/11/14 08:59 PM.
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So there has been no contact, since last Thursday. The past 3or 4 days my ww has been saying she loves me, and wants to work through this. That she is commited, and will do anything to make things right.
Now today, she is saying that she is not 100% commited, and don't think we should continue. She says it has nothing to do with him. Is this just part of the withdraw talking? What do I do?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
So there has been no contact, since last Thursday. The past 3or 4 days my ww has been saying she loves me, and wants to work through this. That she is commited, and will do anything to make things right.
Now today, she is saying that she is not 100% commited, and don't think we should continue. She says it has nothing to do with him. Is this just part of the withdraw talking? What do I do?
Yes it's part of the withdrawal.

Is she on ADs? How much UA time are you getting? Are you going out on dates? What are your plans this weekend?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes we have been spending a lot of time together, there has been a lot of honesty, no dates because I just got laid off, and don't have the extra money. Last night she told me she does love me, and never stoped, but right now she is heart broken over him and doesn't feel like she is in love with me. No she is not on ad.
She saying the past week that she felt she felt she could work this out with me, and the past 2 days she has not felt like that. She has been saying I love you and today she says I can't force her, and she does not feel she is in love with me and is unhappy. But a week ago it was she was unhappy because her feelings were blocked by him.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So what do I do give her a little space now?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
So what do I do give her a little space now?
No. I know you just got laid off, but what about making a picnic and going to the park just you two?

Walks or bike rides? You need to take her out and date her.

Do not committ any love busters and meet her ENs. What are her top ENs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
She says she loves me for being the father of our kids, and for what we used to have, but she can't be happy with me, that she sees no future with me. She doesn't love me like a wife should.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I don't know her ens, she says I fulfill them, that it's not anything in particular, she is just not in love, and thought this past week she could be, but realized she can't.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I listen to her when she talks, I'm there when she needs me. I help around the house, I help with the kids. I told her, that all these feelings she is having are normal, but she got mad, and says I'm trying to force her to love me. That I can't tell her what she feels. The entire week it has been so good, and we actually created an emotional bond, and now all of the sudden it's gone agian. Last night she said she is confused and needs to sort it out on her own, and now she has made up her mind.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And we went to lunch with the kids a few times, and been talking.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Yes we have been spending a lot of time together, there has been a lot of honesty, no dates because I just got laid off, and don't have the extra money. Last night she told me she does love me, and never stoped, but right now she is heart broken over him and doesn't feel like she is in love with me. No she is not on ad.
She saying the past week that she felt she felt she could work this out with me, and the past 2 days she has not felt like that. She has been saying I love you and today she says I can't force her, and she does not feel she is in love with me and is unhappy. But a week ago it was she was unhappy because her feelings were blocked by him.

Sir, you need to read Surviving an Affair.
As explained in the book, once No Contact has been established by sending a No Contact Letter, the wayward spouse will enter a period of depression and withdrawl from the affair partner.
This can last at least 6 weeks!

Dr. Harley recommends that people coming out of an affair visit their doctor for anti-depressants to be able to function and help think clearly.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
And we went to lunch with the kids a few times, and been talking.
You really need to get both of you on some ADs.

How much UA time are you getting? It doesn't count if the kids are involved. That is FC and not UA.

When is the next time you can have some UA time? Tonight?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well, kids go to bed, and we been sitting on the couch snuggled up, except last night. We had relations in bed though. Tonight we are eating together, after kids go to bed. I mentioned ads last night she said she doesn't need them, but she feels a little depressed. She won't go on them, cause she was on them before, and had bad expierence.
She said she will still go to counciling, but just doesn't want to try, and I need to accept she isn't in love with me. I told her I love her earlier, and I got stop trying to force me. I don't get it. I have seen her phone, and know 100% there has been no contact. She would not even go anywhere alone and has been saying she doesn't want to be alone.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well, kids go to bed, and we been sitting on the couch snuggled up, except last night. We had relations in bed though. Tonight we are eating together, after kids go to bed. I mentioned ads last night she said she doesn't need them, but she feels a little depressed. She won't go on them, cause she was on them before, and had bad expierence.
She said she will still go to counciling, but just doesn't want to try, and I need to accept she isn't in love with me. I told her I love her earlier, and I got stop trying to force me. I don't get it. I have seen her phone, and know 100% there has been no contact. She would not even go anywhere alone and has been saying she doesn't want to be alone.
About the ADs it's probably because she was on the wrong ones. She needs to communicate with her doctor until they find the correct ones.

Can you get a babysitter and take her out to at least coffee or ice cream? You need to date her until she's in love with you again. Can you do this?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No, we don't have anybody to babysit. And with money tight she won't.
2 days ago she wanted to move, and now she won't even give me the time of day, unless it's something with the kids.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yesterday went great, until the night, she just wanted to be left alone, and I gave her that. I went and smoked, and she came a few minutes later, and said I want to be honest, if he came here I'd punch him in the face, then I don't know what I would do, I would probably go with him. Well that is what started it, I said that's natural to feel that way. I asked her if I could text him and just say to stay away, she got mad at that, and said you need to let me deal with this the way she needs too. Everything was fine a few minutes later. We went to bed, did our thing. Said I love you, and went to bed. Then today, she said what I told you.
Do I just back off right now?

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
No, we don't have anybody to babysit. And with money tight she won't.
2 days ago she wanted to move, and now she won't even give me the time of day, unless it's something with the kids.
I'm sure if you could arrange babysitting and a date that will build some deposits.

Is there a couple you can swap babysitting with?

How old and how many kids do you have?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
4, all young, no, she lost all her friends over this that all had kids.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, you posted that you already sent a No Contact letter (see above).

Yet today you posted that you offered to send one to OM and your wife got angry?

I'm confused. Has a No Contact letter been sent to OM? If so, there should be no further contact between your wife and him. Don't offer to send text messages to him.

J
J
Sir, this is what you need to focus on.
Tell your wife that in order to feel safe in this marriage, you feel that these Extraordinary Precautions should be followed:

Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, if she sent the NC letter to both men and you HAVE exposed her affairs to family and friends then the next step is to implement EXtraordinary Precautions, which you must both commit to following.

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
From Surviving an Affair, pg 66-67

The extraordinary precautions do more than end marriage-threatening affairs; they help a couple form the kind of relationship they always wanted.

These recommendations may seem rigid, unnecessarily confining, and even paranoid to those who have not been the victim of infidelity. But people like Sue and Jon, who have suffered unimaginable pain as a result of an affair that spun out of control, can easily see their value. For the inconvenience of following my advice, Sue would have spared herself and Jon the very worst experience of their lives.

Checklist for How Affairs Should End

_____The unfaithful spouse should reveal information about the affair to the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should make a commitment to the betrayed spouse to never see or talk to the lover OP again.

_____The unfaithful spouse should write a letter to the lover OP ending the relationship and send it with the approval of the betrayed spouse.

_____The unfaithful spouse should take extraordinary precautions to guarantee total separation from the lover OP:

_____Block potential communication with the lover OP (change e-mail address and home and cell phone numbers, and close all social networking accounts; have voice messages and mail monitored by the betrayed spouse).

_____Account for time (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a twenty-four-hour daily schedule with locations and telephone numbers).

_____Account for money (betrayed spouse and wayward spouse give each other a complete account of all money spent).

_____Spend leisure time together.

_____Change jobs and relocate if necessary.

_____Avoid overnight separation.

_____Allow technical accountability.

_____ Expose affair to family members, clergy, and/or friends.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
4, all young, no, she lost all her friends over this that all had kids.

I'm glad that she did.
This means that the women don't want her around their husbands and starting affairs with them.

One thing that would help you a LOT is a two week vacation, just the two of you. Is there any way you can arrange that?

S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6

What are you doing to make sure the affair hasn't gone further underground?

Because saying she is in love with you for a few days and suddenly saying she does not is a red flag that there has been C, it is possible that it is even one-sided C such as looking at either of the OM's FB accounts or old emails etc.

And please don't tell me you "know there is NC". Tell me exactly HOW you know that.

Do you have keyloggers/spyware on all of her computers/phones/devices?
Has she closed all social networking?
Are you spending most of your free time together or are there gaps of times when she is off doing something and you don't know what she's up to?
Do you have GPS on her car?

I hope you will answer ALL of these questions.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No key logger, all we have are phones. No gps on car, but on phone. Social networks were closed until today, and it was aferr it all happened we have spent all the time together for a week except today, she took an hour walk, and took my daughter to school orientation. Her phone has been ascecable to me at all times, and hasn't once been hidden.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
No key logger, all we have are phones. No gps on car, but on phone. Social networks were closed until today, and it was aferr it all happened we have spent all the time together for a week except today, she took an hour walk, and took my daughter to school orientation. Her phone has been ascecable to me at all times, and hasn't once been hidden.
Do you have spyware on her phone?

What do you mean "until today" social networks were closed?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
It's all been closed, and today I opened it, and gave her the pass word. But I am logged on it on my phone too, and closely moirering it. No soy where, but I have only a limited amount of numbere that can call and text, I have her phone restricted through my phone provider, and the only cals and texts that can come through are from her family school and drs..

Last edited by Jo6; 08/15/14 09:23 PM.
J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

Sir, there should be NO social networks for the remainder of your marriage.
Have you read anything that is posted to you?
You need to establish extraordinary precautions!

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I got teen safe, but it does no good, her phone hasn't been backed up in monthes

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Welp she went and got d papers, and made the decision in one night, after saying all week she wanted to fix our relationship.

S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6
I got teen safe, but it does no good, her phone hasn't been backed up in monthes

What does this mean? Teensafe only works if the phone has been back up? If it doesn't work then you need to put different spyware on the phone.

Like I said, I strongly believe contact (possibly one-way contact) has been made.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6
It's all been closed, and today I opened it, and gave her the pass word. But I am logged on it on my phone too, and closely moirering it.

Why did you ignore the advice that was posted to you regarding this?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Welp she went and got d papers, and made the decision in one night, after saying all week she wanted to fix our relationship.

I would just tell her, in a kind way, that you are willing to work with her to create a loving romantic marriage but she must permanently end her affair and follow a program of recovery.

Did you get the book Surviving an Affair?

I think the affair is still active.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I did take the advice, but she was going to get it back anway ways and change the password. Which she did anaways.
I just don't understand the things she told me for a week, how she does love me, and wants to work through this, and now 2 days later she has that look in her eyes agian, and said she was just confused because I was the only one here for her. I talked to his wife, and he doesn't even have his phone, and she installed spyware on it, and there is nothing.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes I started reading the book, and she just says I'm wasting my time reading it, and she went and got divorce papers, which she did not tell me about yet, she did it today, and I found them in her car when she went on her walk.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
I did take the advice, but she was going to get it back anway ways and change the password. Which she did anaways.
I just don't understand the things she told me for a week, how she does love me, and wants to work through this, and now 2 days later she has that look in her eyes agian, and said she was just confused because I was the only one here for her. I talked to his wife, and he doesn't even have his phone, and she installed spyware on it, and there is nothing.

Sir, a cheater can buy an affair phone from WalMart for $5.
Taking away someone's phone is not proof that the affair is over.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Your WW could be looking at pictures or other things that remind her of him as an gets her affair fix. All it takes is for her to keep reading old emails or get another phone.

Were the divorce papers filled out? Don't worry about her threats until you've been served.

You need to verify that there is 100% NC. Be the best husband and do your best Plan A, no love busters and meet as many of her ENs as you can.

Have you read the Jon an Sue story in SAA?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No they are not filled out, yes I read the story, there is no contact, his fb is gone, and ii went through her fb and erased anything that had to do with him.

S
S
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by Jo6

What does this mean? Teensafe only works if the phone has been back up? If it doesn't work then you need to put different spyware on the phone.

Like I said, I strongly believe contact (possibly one-way contact) has been made.

IGNORED

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Originally Posted by Jo6
I talked to his wife, and he doesn't even have his phone, and she installed spyware on it, and there is nothing.

Regardless of whether OM's W has spyware - has ZERO impact on whether you should have spyware installed from your side.

This affair is not over.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Jo6

IGNORED
Yes it only works if phone is backed up by icloud. Any other spyware I try will not work unless the iphone is jail broken, and that isn't going to happen.
I believe she has sombody persuading her in this, sil maybe. I do believe the affair is over though, she has not been without me at all.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Absolutely nothing from her, I woke up, cleaned the entire house, fid the kids, had a cup of coffee for her when she woke up. Last night, she just wanted to be left alone, so I gave that to her. She won't talk unless it has to do with the kids. Her phone was backed up last night, and there is nothing on there at all that points to her partners.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Guys I just don't know what to do, she just completely shut me out again, and gets angry at every little thing. If I make small talk she gets mad, but she will talk about something and I'll just listen. I've been reading htsa, but nothing helps when she is just shutting every little thing out. I litterly have no where to go to, and neither does she. We can't afford for one of is to move out, and don't really have a choice to live together for a while. Hopefully if I maintain a possitive attitude, and still try to be a husband to her, maybe in a month or 2 she will change her mind.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6

Teensafe only works once the phone has been backed up to the cloud. There are specific (and easy) instructions right on teen safe for being sure that the cloud backup is on. It backs up automatically to the cloud once per day, and you just need to sign in under the "child's" iTunes account to view all of the previous day's phone activity.

DO you have the password for your wife's phone and her iTunes account? You do not need her PHONE to access the info, you just have to sign onto teen safe each time you snoop (and it will also give you real time GPS). If you do not have those passwords, then no of course it will not work.

There must be total transparency in your marriage in order to begin recovery. You do not TELL your wife that you are snooping or how you are snooping, but if she has not given you those passwords, then she is still hiding her A.

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BlindSighted2013
Originally Posted by Jo6

Teensafe only works once the phone has been backed up to the cloud. There are specific (and easy) instructions right on teen safe for being sure that the cloud backup is on. It backs up automatically to the cloud once per day, and you just need to sign in under the "child's" iTunes account to view all of the previous day's phone activity.

DO you have the password for your wife's phone and her iTunes account? You do not need her PHONE to access the info, you just have to sign onto teen safe each time you snoop (and it will also give you real time GPS). If you do not have those passwords, then no of course it will not work.

There must be total transparency in your marriage in order to begin recovery. You do not TELL your wife that you are snooping or how you are snooping, but if she has not given you those passwords, then she is still hiding her A.
Yes I have all her passwords, and the auto backup does me no good, I don't own a computer, and have no internet or wifi, and it won't work at a hot spot because the phone needs to be pluged in.

S
S
I don't know how else to tell you except to repeat myself. She is either in contact with OM1 or OM2 or there is an OM3. It is up to you to figure out a way to snoop on her. Where there is a will there is a way. We have been struggling to get you to do this from beginning of the thread.

Nothing is going to work if any C is being made at all. When you are ready to snoop, let us know and then we can help you. Good luck.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Guys I just don't know what to do, she just completely shut me out again, and gets angry at every little thing. If I make small talk she gets mad, but she will talk about something and I'll just listen. I've been reading htsa, but nothing helps when she is just shutting every little thing out. I litterly have no where to go to, and neither does she. We can't afford for one of is to move out, and don't really have a choice to live together for a while. Hopefully if I maintain a possitive attitude, and still try to be a husband to her, maybe in a month or 2 she will change her mind.

Sir, this is a good thing.
It's good that she's broke because it may give you a better chance of turning this around.
Please stay focused on the plan: Do Plan A. Try to meet her needs; and AVOID Love Busters.

DO NOT ARGUE WITH HER!

Pretend that a video camera crew is following you around every time you converse with her. What will the audience think? What would the MB forum say if they watched you on reality television?

While you plan A, continue to snoop for any ongoing affair.

J
J
I don't know how else to tell you except to repeat myself. She is either in contact with OM1 or OM2 or there is an OM3. It is up to you to figure out a way to snoop on her. Where there is a will there is a way. We have been struggling to get you to do this from beginning of the thread.

Nothing is going to work if any C is being made at all. When you are ready to snoop, let us know and then we can help you. Good luck.

This is a very real possibility since she was two timing not only her husband but OM1 while sleeping with OM2!

Another thing you should consider is getting a voice activated recorder and secretly hiding it and recording your conversations with her. MANY men are falsely accused of assault and then the cheating wife will get the man kicked out by the police and move in the deadbeat boyfriend.....while getting court orders to garnish your paycheck!!!!

So, CYA!

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am continuing to snoop, I have vars, gps, there is nothing more I can do to snoop. She actually talked to me last night. She just says she is unhappy. There is some things from our past that she just can't let go of. She says she forgives, but can't forget. A lot of emotion actually came out from her, about past resentments, she says she just isn't 100% into it, and just doesn't love me like a wife should. She loves me for the father that I am, and what we used to have. She is looking at her life, and says she is only 30, and just wants to be happy, and that there is nothing inpitcular that makes her un happy with me. She just says we were young, and moved too fast, and she just doesn't want to be with me because she is trapped.

She wants to remain good friends, and wants to still do things together, like birthday parties, and dinners with the kids once in a while.
But she is ready to get the ball rolling, and just wants out.
She says there is no chance, even in the future for reconciliation, because she doesn't want it at all. I figure that we have around 6 monthes, to live together, she wants to file within the next month, then wants to leave when she finds a job, and can get on her feet.
I feel like I failed her. I want to fix this, but it doesn't seem like I have a chance. No matter what I do, she knows she just will never be in love with me.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
I am continuing to snoop, I have vars, gps, there is nothing more I can do to snoop. She actually talked to me last night. She just says she is unhappy. There is some things from our past that she just can't let go of. She says she forgives, but can't forget. A lot of emotion actually came out from her, about past resentments, she says she just isn't 100% into it, and just doesn't love me like a wife should. She loves me for the father that I am, and what we used to have. She is looking at her life, and says she is only 30, and just wants to be happy, and that there is nothing inpitcular that makes her un happy with me. She just says we were young, and moved too fast, and she just doesn't want to be with me because she is trapped.

She wants to remain good friends, and wants to still do things together, like birthday parties, and dinners with the kids once in a while.
But she is ready to get the ball rolling, and just wants out.
She says there is no chance, even in the future for reconciliation, because she doesn't want it at all. I figure that we have around 6 monthes, to live together, she wants to file within the next month, then wants to leave when she finds a job, and can get on her feet.
I feel like I failed her. I want to fix this, but it doesn't seem like I have a chance. No matter what I do, she knows she just will never be in love with me.

I hope you don't engage in these talks with her.
Your answer to everything should be: I am willing to work with you to create a loving romantic marriage but you must first end your affairs and follow a program of recovery."

You need to sound like a broken record.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I do sound like a broken record believe me, that's basically what I tell her too. She reassures me that it has nothing to do with the affairs. She asked me to stop saying I love you before bed, that it just makes it harder for her.
I just don't know, I am trying to keep faith, and I am trying to keep hope, but as adamant as she is about not being happy with our marriage, I'm not sure if she will ever change her mind. She is a stubborn person, and when something is in her head, she very rarely changes her mind.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
I do sound like a broken record believe me, that's basically what I tell her too. She reassures me that it has nothing to do with the affairs. She asked me to stop saying I love you before bed, that it just makes it harder for her.
I just don't know, I am trying to keep faith, and I am trying to keep hope, but as adamant as she is about not being happy with our marriage, I'm not sure if she will ever change her mind. She is a stubborn person, and when something is in her head, she very rarely changes her mind.
Have you read SAA?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am reading it now.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
I am reading it now.
Have you read the story about Sue and Jon, yet?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes I did.
Nothing seems like it matters to her. I cleaned the kitchen this morning, and she got mad saying I told you last night I wanted to do it. Everything is just total opposite than it was a week ago. I get out of it that she knows she can be happy with me, but it scares her to death, and she is fighting what she really feels for me. I just don't understand what she is unhappy for, I'm a big help around the house, a big help with the kids, I always pay her compliments, I give her all the love in the world. She just broke down from things in our past, and can't let go any of it.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Is there any way to know that these are her real feelings or if it's just fog?

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Is there any way to know that these are her real feelings or if it's just fog?

She has been able to juggle two affairs and a husband! If that isnt irrational thinking I dont know what is!

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So let me ask this question, do I stop telling her I love you, like she requested? She says it just makes it harder on her, and makes her resent me.

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
So let me ask this question, do I stop telling her I love you, like she requested? She says it just makes it harder on her, and makes her resent me.

Yes, if she asks you to stop then stop.
If you cant say you love her, find a way to show it.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well I got the truth, she is holding on to him in hopes his marriage fails. She doesn't believe he doesn't love her, she has a feeling that he is being forced to stay. She blames no contact on me, saying because I restricted his number from her phone. I told her, well if that was me, and I had those feelings that he told you, I'd be beating on your door scooping you out of there, or I would have used sombody else phone.
She believes he loves her, and she is holding to that.
I told her it's funny, you have a man that truely loves you sitting right in front of you, and your holding onto a hope that he's going to come back. Her reply was I just don't love you, it has nothing to do with him. Funny, cause that contradicts what she originally said.
How do I get her to let him go?

Last edited by Jo6; 08/18/14 08:42 PM.
J
J
Sir, you are wasting your breath in having these conversations with her.

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm pretty sure it's over, I can't get anything from her at all, unless it's something to do with my kids. Nothing I do seems like it matters to her, she is back to being unreasonable, and sleeping on the couch. She keeps reminding me she will be happy once she is not married to me any more. I don't know how much more I can take, I'm just being beat to death, and can't handle it much more. Hopefully in the future, we can reconcile, but I doubt she will ever want to. She filled out papers, and they are awaiting my signatures, and until she finds the money to have them filed. How long can I expect a no fault divorce to take?

N
N
There is a list of Do's and Don'ts for Plan A, I can't find them.
But the DON'T list includes being needy or clingy, repeated saying I love you, helping with divorce process, etc.
The do list is being the best at being a husband, inviting her to do stuff, no outbursts or lovebusters, etc.

Of course nothing you do will matter, she is in the fog and addicted!

In Plan A you look/be the better option, assuming you have exposed. It is a gut busting, pride swallowing, hardest thing you will ever do time. You dont talk about divorce, you dont talk about the relationship. You transform into a calm, cool, better husband/father and you make it real and stick.
You will not be able to meet many of her needs, as she is getting them somewhere else. You find away to meet them other ways, acts of service, etc.

Plan B is completely different.

I
I
Too much of your focus is on what she thinks and what she is saying. Not upon your own actions.

The mind of a wayward turns into mush until NC has been in place for weeks and withdrawal from the high is over. You're effectively trying to talk to the town drunk.

It doesn't matter what the drunk person says or does during the period of drunkeness. As long as you are doing all you can to dry up the source of alcohol, who cares what she thinks? Waywards don't remember half of what they have said during this period. They don't even clearly remember your Plan A, they are just left with an impression you were warm, kind and calm during a very confusing period.

I
I
Originally Posted by Jo6
I'm pretty sure it's over, I can't get anything from her at all, unless it's something to do with my kids. Nothing I do seems like it matters to her, she is back to being unreasonable, and sleeping on the couch. She keeps reminding me she will be happy once she is not married to me any more. I don't know how much more I can take, I'm just being beat to death, and can't handle it much more. Hopefully in the future, we can reconcile, but I doubt she will ever want to. She filled out papers, and they are awaiting my signatures, and until she finds the money to have them filed. How long can I expect a no fault divorce to take?

Why on earth would you sign for a divorce you don't want?! She doesn't even have the money so why does she have the forms?

No fault??!! Are you kidding me? What a massively uncaring gesture that would be if you were to sign your marriage away as lost property; no hearts even bruised according to the paperwork.

Waywards love to talk divorce but rarely file due to the fact reality, cash, parenting etc get in the way of the fantasy. Not to mention the fact the affair was never supposed to become their only source of needs in life, just because they can't give it up. She's trying to feed her affair with the same food that gave it life: talking about her problems with you. The problem is you've eliminated the problems and have started being nice. However if she can get you to sign a piece of paper agreeing that you don't care, she's back in business.

Just tell her any divorce will be handled by lawyers and you will not be discussing it with her at all.

You should have gotten legal advice any way to protect yourself.

B
B
Have you read this? Plan A

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
N
Do's
1. Act Happy
2. Get a life (new activities, etc.)
3. repeat over and over..."I will make it"
4. Actively LISTEN....keep conversations "to the point...small talk" ...don't blow it up beyond the waywards current comfort zone and/or ability to logically carry on a conversation. Their mind is elsewhere so you are just trying to keep them in the present.
5. Tend to Agree (Thank you for your truthfulness, It seems that way, you have a point)
6. Expand your social relationships (Being especially aware of your own vulnerability and keeping sharing and time with opposite sex relationships to an absolute minimum)
7. Get sexy (gym, new clothes, new cologne, shower gel, etc)
8. Focus on your strengths and Positives...don't put yourself down verbally or constantly go over what you did wrong
9. Accept Uncertainty (Do your best today and let God take care of tomorrow)
10. Do seek legal advice just in case, this is contingency planning

DON'Ts

1. Repeatedly say "I love you"
2. Ask questions that don't have answers yet
3. Criticize, complain, whine or nag
4. Say, "I've changed"....allow the wayward spouse to simply judge your actions
5. Argue, Reason or Plead
6. Don't get family or friends overly involved in recovery (notice I said "in recovery", EXPOSURE to bust up an active affair IS ESSENTIAL and EXPOSURE to the OP's spouse is an absolute MUST)
7. Act helpless or depressed (it may be hard to imagine this but YOU will make it regardless whereas without you, your spouse won't)
8. Discuss morality, invoke God or Dr. Laura type babble
9. Suggest marital counseling (must be the waywards idea and is usually a waste of time anyway unless it's with the Harley's or a counselor that uses MB materials)
10. Tell them continually "we need to work on the relationship"
11. GIVE UP
12. Help them do anything with the divorce process, let them do all the work on that

J
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Originally Posted by Jo6

Why on earth would you sign for a divorce you don't want?! She doesn't even have the money so why does she have the forms?

No fault??!! Are you kidding me? What a massively uncaring gesture that would be if you were to sign your marriage away as lost property; no hearts even bruised according to the paperwork.

Waywards love to talk divorce but rarely file due to the fact reality, cash, parenting etc get in the way of the fantasy. Not to mention the fact the affair was never supposed to become their only source of needs in life, just because they can't give it up. She's trying to feed her affair with the same food that gave it life: talking about her problems with you. The problem is you've eliminated the problems and have started being nice. However if she can get you to sign a piece of paper agreeing that you don't care, she's back in business.

Just tell her any divorce will be handled by lawyers and you will not be discussing it with her at all.

You should have gotten legal advice any way to protect yourself.

That's a good approach. Just say, "My lawyer does the divorce talk, but I do the marriage talk and I am willing to work with you to create a loving marriage but you must first end your affair and join me in a program of recovery"

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well here's my down falls, it's so hard for me to not tell her I love you, and I want to work this out, and the past 2 days I have broke down with a few out bursts.
She did ask me to sighn the papers 2 days ago, so she could file them today, hasn't said anything since. I just told her that we need a lawer for all the legal wording, even if it's a shared lawer, that I won't sign anything until then.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well here's my down falls, it's so hard for me to not tell her I love you, and I want to work this out, and the past 2 days I have broke down with a few out bursts.
She did ask me to sighn the papers 2 days ago, so she could file them today, hasn't said anything since. I just told her that we need a lawer for all the legal wording, even if it's a shared lawer, that I won't sign anything until then.
Outbursts? Have you been having angry outbursts?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

I
I
Jo, you simply can't afford emotional displays of any description. You can't afford even one. Each one will drive her very far away. If you are losing it, begging, pleading, telling her what you want or getting angry you need to go to Plan B.

Anti depressants are useful to steady yourself while you Plan A

J
J
Sir,

Do not have a "shared lawyer".
Do not discuss divorce with her.
You should only focus on Plan A; NO ANGRY OUTBURSTS

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yes, a few outbursts, but more sticking up for my self.
I was able to do a little snooping today, and she is talking to a girlfriend about it, who was once part of the group, but was liked by few, so was pushed out.
This is basically what was said, we had plans to tell them, then run away, we are in love, but he is being forced to stay by his wife, because threats of her not letting him see the kids. She loves him, and knows he loves her, and the truth will eventually come out on his end and he will leave his wife. There has been no contact made between them, since the night of exposure. She says she just wishes it was the future, and her and I could be divorced already.
She told her she isn't in love with me, and never could be, because her feelings are so strong for him. I think she believes he will return to sweep her off her feet. She needs to let him go!!! So I get out of it, she thinks when we are divorced, that he will make his move. I wish she could realize that it's not going to work, and she is throwing her marriage away for nothing.

Last edited by Jo6; 08/20/14 01:32 PM.
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well the past few days have been great. We have been getting along, and I've been trying to treat her like a goddess, without being clingy. No talk about d has been brought up. I hope this might be the start of the road to recovery. I talked to her about ad's last night, and she wants nothing to do with them, says she doesn't feel like she needs them.

B
B
The D has been put on hold?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Yes, a few outbursts, but more sticking up for my self.

Well, you can stick up for yourself with a baseball bat but it wont help your situation.
There is NO excuse for angry outbursts.
Do you understand this?
Can you control your anger?

J
J
Originally Posted by Jo6
Well the past few days have been great. We have been getting along, and I've been trying to treat her like a goddess, without being clingy. No talk about d has been brought up. I hope this might be the start of the road to recovery. I talked to her about ad's last night, and she wants nothing to do with them, says she doesn't feel like she needs them.

Sir, Recovery can not start until she agrees to permanently end all contact with the other men and write a No Contact letter

B
B
Have you listened to these? Anger Management 101

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
The d has been put on hold. Nc letters were sent via text, right before her number was changed. I actually found out what happened from last week, she told me today last week he called my sil. Well she told her sister to tell him it is over, and if he calls her agian she doesn't care to know. Today my wife told me she is ready to move foward, and start repairing our marriage.

B
B
Originally Posted by Jo6
The d has been put on hold. Nc letters were sent via text, right before her number was changed. I actually found out what happened from last week, she told me today last week he called my sil. Well she told her sister to tell him it is over, and if he calls her agian she doesn't care to know. Today my wife told me she is ready to move foward, and start repairing our marriage.
Is SIL a friend to your marriage? How does he have SIL's number?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
He stole the number from his wife's phone, sil was friends with her too.
I thought she was a friend to our marriage, I believe she still is.

I
I
I would be happier if your SiL had told him to go jump off a pier and then informed you instead of telling her sister. That is what I would to someone trying to draw my sister into adultery.

However if she agrees to your wife's request I guess you could put her on probation and see how supportive she is of recovery going forward.

N
N
Originally Posted by Jo6
Today my wife told me she is ready to move foward, and start repairing our marriage.

I'm so happy to hear that. I hope that she is serious.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
Jo6 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
First off, I would like to say thank you all, for your help.
Second, all has been well for now. Her depressive state is slowly but surly going away, with my help of listening, when she needs an ear. I'm trying my best to be understanding, and that is a big help. We are working on creating a happy, healthy marriage, and still have a long bumpy road ahead of us.

If I can give anybody in this situation some advice, I will tell you, if you truly want it, don't give up. I didn't, even though there were times I felt like it. There is always hope. I never would have thought 3 weeks ago, that I would be where I am now in my marriage, and in our recovery. Listen to the advice everybody gives you on here, it helped save my marriage for now.
I will be back, checking in, and I'm sure looking for advice. Thanks for everything.

Last edited by Jo6; 09/01/14 05:27 PM.
J
J
The best thing you could do for your marriage is a vacation.
Can you and your wife go away for a couple weeks?

I
IAL Offline
I
Has there been any updates????? Feel like I am about to embark on the exact same Germany. Right now my WW wants nothing to do with me and Im afraid by the time I get home its going to be worse.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation